Members get in free: You paid your dues, you get into Convention! Remember to bring the badge you’ll receive in the mail in October.
Remember: You must have your badge to get into the exhibits and classrooms at the convention center.
Did you lose or forget your badge? Bring your membership card (or other identification) to the Hall D admissions/ replacement badge area.
What if my district requires me to be at my school on NJEA Convention days?
New Jersey law provides certain school employees—teaching staff members, secretaries, and office clerks—the opportunity to be absent from school for the purpose of attending the convention.
N.J. Statute 18A:31-2 states, “Whenever any full-time teaching staff member or any school district or any secretary or office clerk applies to the board of education for permission to attend the Annual Convention of the New Jersey Education Association, such permission shall be granted for not more than two days in any one year; and they shall receive full salary for days of actual attendance upon filing with the secretary of the board a Certificate of Attendance, signed by the Executive Secretary of the Association.”
Certificates of Attendance are distributed on the main exhibit floor in the rear of Hall B on Thursday and Friday only.
Other important information on admission:
New Jersey Student Education Association members – NJSEA members who have already renewed their membership online will receive a badge in the mail prior to Convention. NJSEA members can also obtain a badge in Hall D.
Guests – Only members may bring guests onto the Exhibit Floor of the Convention. Pick up guest badges in Hall D. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Guests are not permitted on the third or fourth floors.
General admission fees for all other convention attendees are as follows:
- Nonmembers — $75 per day
- Affiliated group members who are not NJEA members — $50 per day
- Student affiliated group members who are not NJSEA members — $40 per day
The admissions/replacement badge area in Hall D will be open from 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 7 and from 7:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 8.
Want to store your coat? Look for the coat check outside of the Hall D Admissions/ Replacement Badge area—$3 per item.
Calling the Convention? Information Center: 609-449-3952 or 609-449-3953; Sheraton: 609-344-3535; Caesars: 609- 348-4411; News Room: 609-449-3948 or 609-609-449-3931; Newsroom FAX: 609-449-3901; Atlantic City Central Reservations (hotel reservations): 800-524-1706
Accommodations for those with special needs: Call Annalisa Russell at 609-599-4561, ext. 2257 before Oct. 25.
Emergency medical assistance: Contact any building security or NJEA staff member.
Lost? Go to the information booth on Main Street NJEA (in the middle of the Exhibit Floor). Lost children will also be escorted to the information booth.
Mobile App: Download the NJEA Convention mobile app to your iPhone, Android, Blackberry, or tablet device. Learn more
What’s on the exhibit floor?
The Exhibit Floor is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Thursday and 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Friday.
• Main Street NJEA: Want to know how NJEA dues work for you? Visit Main Street NJEA—right in the center of the exhibit floor—to learn about all of the programs offered by NJEA.
• Hundreds of exhibitors with classroom materials, field trip and fundraiser ideas, graduate school programs, and great buys on lots of products are found in the exhibit hall. You can look up each exhibitor on your smartphone using the mobile app. Don’t have a smartphone? Go to njeaexibits.com to view a virtual floorplan and exhibitor directory.”
• The New Member Lounge – New to the NJEA? Come here to learn what we can do to help you.
• Deborah Health Fair: How’s your health? Find blood pressure checks, cholesterol screening, body fat analysis, and lots of great information to improve your health.
• Art Gallery – The Art Educators of N.J. will display students’ creative works. Be inspired by their talent!
• Author’s Alley – NJEA member-authors will have their books available for sale and share advice on how to publish your own writing.
• Member Benefits Sponsored Vendors – Your membership in NJEA provides more opportunities for you to stretch your buying power than you may realize. Visit the exhibits in and around the Sponsored Vendor area to gain insight on how to maximize the value of membership.